Solved

Proxy configuration

• 13 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi all,
in the company we use a proxy (with username and password) to control internet access. I noticed that Optic Studio doesn't have the possibility to request authentication to the proxy, this also inhibits the possibility to check for new releases automatically. By installing the version of Optic Studio 2023 R2, a launcher appeared which, bypassing the proxy, is populated with templates. Is there a way to enter the authentication credentials automatically to the Optic Studio?

Thank you all so much for your interest.

icon

Best answer by Don Dickinson 13 July 2023, 21:18

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello! 

There is no proxy settings in Opticstudio directly. I think it’s supposed to use the Windows proxy settings. If it cannot talk through the proxy for the update check, then you can manually check for new versions from Help > Downloads and Support button. This takes you to the downloads page. 

Hello! 

There is no proxy settings in Opticstudio directly. I think it’s supposed to use the Windows proxy settings. If it cannot talk through the proxy for the update check, then you can manually check for new versions from Help > Downloads and Support button. This takes you to the downloads page. 

Hi Don,
yes, the application uses the system settings, but the proxy needs user and password authentication, some applications have the possibility to set these parameters inside... could this be a future integration?

A thousand thanks.....

Userlevel 3
Badge

Sorry, this isnt something that is going to be added; I have only seen one similar request in 7 years here so there simply isnt demand. Also this would only be to enable a non-essential feature.