Solved

Problem with reversing elements

• 23 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi Guys! I am unable to reverse the elements for it to point properly (Labelled in diagram below). It seems like the path is being reflected back to the original path and I do not know what to do. Any help will be great, thank you so much!

icon

Best answer by cynthiapadt 23 January 2023, 17:05

View original

3 replies

Badge +4

Hi there!

It seems like you only attached the session file (.ZDA), if you can include the lens file as well (.zos) one of us can take a look at your set up. 

Oh ok! Sorry for the inconvenience!

Badge +4

No worries! 

Taking a look at your Multi-Configuration editor, it seems that you did address the positive or negative thickness values that are dependent on whether the rays/configuration was being reflected or transmitted through the beam splitters. The same was needed for the elements whose orientation needed to be reversed.

I went ahead and made the modifications to the MC Editor to reflect the orientation changes in the two configurations. I multiplied the lens curvature, thickness, and aspheric terms by *-1 to reflect the direction of propagation of the two configurations to match the others. 

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns, I recommend reviewing the updated attached file to ensure the orientation of the lenses/thicknesses are correct for your application and analysis.

-Cynthia