Question

Performance deterioration

• 21 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi everyone,
For some time now I've been noticing an arbitrary deterioration in window regeneration performance in the OS.
The system I use is a Dell Precision 7820 workstation with Intel Xeon 32 cores and 96 GB of RAM, Nvidia Quadro P2200 video card. In the beginning I could afford to set the window update to "All Windows", but now, any model I open and create new ones, the regeneration and calculation preparation performance degrades considerably.
However, the RAM and CPU used remain quite low.
I tried reinstalling OS but nothing changes.
Is there a temporary area that may have filled up affecting OS performance?
Does anyone have solutions on this?

Thank you all.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Are you by any chance using data on a network connection, and has that data network slowed down?

Could you give more details on what the performance problem is? For example, does the built-in Performance Test show a decline in performance? If it does, it indicates a problem with the calculations (i.e. memory or CPU problems), if not then it is with the display of data or the accessing of data.

• Mark
Hi Mark, you're right, I should be more clear. I am in a corporate context, the network is perfectly functional (Gbs). All data is local on my workstation. This is not a slowdown in data access or calculation, but rather a slowdown in the graphic regeneration of the windows I usually use (Model shaded and Detector Viewer), I have never noticed this slowdown before, except for a couple of days to date.

Thanks