Solved

Optimization questions

• 10 January 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi

I am looking for a way to optimize in the following manner:

Using the non-sequential editor, I have positioned four sources in a square configuration with variable power settings, and a number of rectangular detectors at stepped distances from the sources.  The furthest detector is object number 17.

For the sake of argument, let's say that the detector shows a minimum flux of 0 and a maximum of 1.0E-04

I want to optimize the power settings on the lamp so that I can get a minimum flux of 1.0E-09 and a maximum of 1.0E-05, and an even distribution of power settings for the sources.

I have tried to use the 'spatial uniformity' wizard to get this.

The wizard and the grid are as below.

I have let this run to completion, but it seems to leave one of the sources at very high power, while reducing the power in the other three.

All I am looking for is a way of adjusting the source power in all ources evenly so that the flux is in between a minimum and a maximum,

Is there a way of doing this?

Thanks in advance

icon

Best answer by Sandrine Auriol 11 January 2021, 10:19

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hello Adrian,

If the sources have the same power, you could just set the power of one source as a variable and use a pick-up solve on the other sources. The power of the other sources will just pick-up the source power.

You can then optimize and that would give you a starting point.

Then you can then for example set all the sources power as variables and add constraints so that the optimization does not go to an unwanted solution:

Let us know if that helps and do not hesitate if you have any follow-up questions.

Sandrine