Solved

optimization in non-sequential mode

• 20 July 2021
  • 1 reply

Hello, 

I am using zemax in a mixed mode. I used a non-sequential component in the sequential mode.

I intend to use the optimization tool to find the materials of the non-sequential component. So I set the material of the non-sequential component as variable (solve type: modal, and make vary refractive index),  so there is a 'V' in the case next to the material property in 'Lens Data editor'. And there is a 'M' in the case next to the material property in the 'non-sequential component editor'. 

The thing is, In sequential mode, I can choose what parameter to optimize between index and abbe number in model solve type though a check box, but I can't in non-sequential

Any advice is much appreciated.

Regards

july2.png
icon

Best answer by Udit.Singh 29 July 2021, 10:36

View original

1 reply

Badge

Hello Zahra,

Hope you are doing well! Thanks for posting on Forum.

Optimization of materials is not possible in non-sequential mode for now.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have gone ahead and submitted this internally as a feature request.

Please keep in mind that feature requests are weighed based on impact, difficulty to implement, and the number of users who request it. A request is not a guarantee that the feature will be added to a future release.

These feature requests are very important to us and shape the future of Optic Studio, so we appreciate your input regarding desired functionality.

Best,

Udit Singh