Optical design of omnidirectional sensor optics

• 28 October 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi

In optical design of Catadioptric System in CMOS camera optics. I have convex mirror and plane mirror as primary and secondary surfaces. So incoming rays will diverge when I will put on axis object at infinity. But I need them to come at plane mirror and then to CMOS optics. Vertical FOV and HFOV is given in degree and CMOS optics is given. How I can set object, aperture and field parameters for optical design in OpticStudio. I am attaching model of design. Please comment.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hello Yadav

I think the difficulty in that design will be to get rays to the image plane. The flat mirror can be set as the STOP to start with and you will probably need some ray aiming.

We have an experimental feature for the Ray-Aiming algorithm that was designed for systems where ray aiming is struggling like wide angle systems: https://community.zemax.com/people-pointers-9/faq-of-enhanced-ray-aiming-for-users-1462

For the object I believe you can set it at 1.5m and then define the fields in angle. Feel free to share your file if you want us to have a look.

Hi Sandrine Auriol,

Thanks. I would like to share my design with you. I have scheduled a call. Please find the link.