Solved

Opening Osram LED

• 7 July 2021
  • 1 reply

Hello Zemax community.

I am new to Zemax, so please forigve me any obvious mistakes.

I want to import a Osram LED as source for non-sequential mode. I downloaded the ray files here:

https://www.osram.com/apps/downloadcenter/?path=%2Fos-files%2FOptical+Simulation%2FLED/OSLON/OSLON%20SSL/OSLON%20SSL%2080/GD%20CS8PM1.14

Then I follows these instructions:

https://support.zemax.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500005486661-How-to-use-Osram-LED-data-with-OpticStudio

Following the instructions, I put the rayfiles 'rayfile_*_Zemax.DAT' into 'Sources\Source Files', the spectrum file '.spcd' into 'Sources\Spectrum Files' and the STEP file into 'CAD Files'. Now when I open the '.ZMX' file (with 'File...Open' from an arbitrary location), the source file and the CAD file get loaded into the component editor, but I get the error messages 'Can't open File C:\...\GD_CS8PM1_14_20170327_spectrum.spcd!', 'Invalid source color definition for source object 1 surface 1.' and I can also see in the NSC 3D Layout that the rays do not propagate from the center of the CAD. 

I really appreciate any help

Edit: The source file was looking for the files with the wrong name, seems to be a mistake from Osrams side. I could fix it by changing the names manually. 

But I still see, that the rays seem to not propagete from the center of the LED.

icon

Best answer by David.Nguyen 7 July 2021, 20:12

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi David,

I did not check with your particular file but oftentimes the Source File requires a Pre-Propagation distance to be applied if you want to see the rays emerge from the center of the LED.

This can be found by opening the Object Properties of your Source File (for examplpe, by double-clicking on the Source File), and going into the Source tab, under Raytrace. The relevant section of the Help file is: The Setup Tab > Editors Group (Setup Tab) > Non-sequential Component Editor > Object Properties (non-sequential component editor) > Sources.

Try with different values, and let me know if this helps.

Take care,

David