Solved

Object types change

• 1 October 2020
  • 5 replies

When clicking on a new object type in NSCE. It automatically changes type to the previous object that was altering. Exmple  if was editing a lens and click to edit a annulus, then the annulus changes automatically to a lens. This can be undone and editing start but it wastes a lot of time. 

icon

Best answer by Allie 21 March 2022, 17:06

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi Nicholas,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having this issue with OpticStudio. Actually, it has been logged as bug, as some users have reported the same behavior, but we are unable to reproduce it. May I ask you which relase are you using? Is this behavior consistently happening or is it hard to reproduce? Would it be possible for you to share your system so our development team can have a look?

I'll add your name to the bug report and will come back to you as soon as we have any relevant information.

Sorry about the inconveniences and thanks for your patience!

Berta

Hi Berta

I am using 20.3 and dont recall happening with 20.2. I have attached the file.  When swapping from one line to another the second one swaps object type to the first. Also all the object paramters revert to default. I cannot see a pattern as it dosnet seem to be consistent. I understand that bugs occur but this is burning a lot of time and needs an update.

I trust you well

Nick  

I  

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi Nicholas,

Berta spoke with me today about your case, and it is one that I've fielded reports about as well. We have put in the formal bug report. Tracking down random bugs is difficult, but the other case was able to get a screen-shot video of it happening, so that might help things along. It would also speed things up for you when the solution is found if you initiate a formal case either on the MyZemax portal or through an email to Support@Zemax.com. That way we can attach the case to the report so you'll be notified directly. Thanks.

Best regards,

Kevin Scales

Hi All,

I facing the similar issue as well. When I click on NSC editor, the Object Type will alter to duplicate the previous Object Type. 

Using Zemax Optic Studio 22.1.1

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @RuoWen,

Please generate and send a Diagnostics Package to support@zemax.com. I’d like to take a look at your system specs and compare those to others who have faced this issue. To generate this package, please navigate to Help...Zemax File Collector and walk through the steps. What I would like to see are the files under All other files. You can de-select anything under Potentially Sensitive Files as shown below: