Solved

NSC Detector Pixel Value = "NA"

• 11 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Since the latest Zemax update my files no longer work when I conduct a ray trace, all my files crash terminating Zemax.  I’ve rolled back to 23.1 and I can do a ray trace again without my files crashing (sometimes because I saved the file in 23.2 and it changed something in the file older versions of Zemax don’t like), but I have now run across another issue.

When I do a ray trace I get “NA” for pixel values on both surface and rectangular detectors.  Does anyone have any experience seeing this?  Is it something I have changed that could cause this?

icon

Best answer by David.Nguyen 15 September 2023, 16:28

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @Michaelkm8,

I’m not sure about the crashes that you experience without further information. Regarding the Detector Viewer, have you checked the actual values in the Text tab (bottom-left of Detector Viewer window)? Is there any NaN values in there? I’ve seen this behaviour happen in places where thre’s no ray falling onto the Detector, but usually the Text tab has the actual value (0.0 in this case). So it could just be a UI issue.

Take care,

David

Userlevel 1

OK yes it looks like I needed to increase the analysis rays which is strange.  I wonder why the detector still showed the illumination profile even if the value was zero or NaN?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Could it be a side effect of using (or not using) Pixel Interpolation?

Take care,

David