Solved

No raysplit at volume hologram inside Medium

• 11 May 2022
  • 1 reply

• Infrared
  • 7 replies

In a NSC System I have placed a Hologram Surface inside a rectangular volume with an index of 1.5.

n1, n2 and n are set to 1.5.  XYZ Coordinates are set to incomming and outcomming beam is 30° to get a reflective grating.

Sending a beam under matching angele so that it hits the hlogram surface at 30° leads to the expected reflected beam inside the medium.

Switching Split Rays on gives a reflected and a transmitted zero Order beam as expected.

All fine so far!

Changing the XYZ Coordinates for the outcomming beam to a value beyond TIR (for example 50°) without splitting everything stays as expected the beam is deflected under 50° and than total reflected at the rectangular volume surface.

Switching Split Rays now on gives a “geometry error”

Using Hologram Lens with fitting material instead leads to the same problem.

Is there a way to use ray splitting with Holograms using large angles inside refractive media?

Best

Steffen

icon

Best answer by Jorge L 13 September 2022, 18:04

View original

1 reply

Hi Sz,

I changes your coordinate of the one that you named “not working” to Y2 -7.66E+05 to what I understand should be about 50 . I added 1E+06 Analysis Rays and set up a detector behind. Checked “Ignore errors” on the Trace panel and you get nice internal reflection. Hope I understood it correctly or at least that it helps you.

Best,

Jorge.