Solved

Model Optimization

• 6 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi!

I try to optimize an human eye model and I am not sure what is going on… The RMS of spot diagram of normal model is a little bit over 3um and after the optimization it is over 17um, and the Seidel coefficients are higher than before optimization.

Can anyone help me understand what is the problem of worse RMS and how can I prevent it? I tried to use different Image Quality types and it didn’t work.

Thank you very much! 

icon

Best answer by David 6 March 2022, 21:18

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi Fabian,

You’re merit function contains not only contrast optimization operands (MECS, MECT) but also operands targeting surface curvature limits and specific aberrations. Line 119 of the merit function which sets a min curvature on surface 6 is contributing 99.8% to the merit function value. Trying to meet this target is preventing optimization from obtaining a smaller spot size.

When I de-weight this operand, and also SPHA and COMA, optimization reduces the spot size, but not by much. I de-weighted SPHA and COMA because it is generally best to not target specific aberrations because that prevents optimization from using aberration balancing to reduce spot size. It is up to you to decide if the curvature limit was required.

I attach a zar file in a zip.

The spot diagram indicates the design is diffraction limited:

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Sorry, I attached the wrong zip. Here is the one with the revised design file.