Solved

MIxed-mode optimization

• 12 September 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I’m working on mixed-mode model and I would like to optimize it - both sequential and non-sequential components.

1. Is it possible to add constrains like CVLT/CVGT in sequential optimization to NSC?
  2. Can I optimize both components simultaneously?
  3. How can I add constrains like previously mentioned to e.g. only lens radius 1?

Can anyone help me with this? Do you have any tips for mixed-mode?

Fabian

icon

Best answer by Christophe.Weisse 15 September 2022, 09:36

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Dear Fabian,

The short answer is yes, you can optimize both components simultaneously. You’d simply need to define the needed object variables in the non-sequential editor for the non-sequential component, in addition to the surface variables in the sequential editor for the sequential part of your system.
You can also define constrains using dedicated non-sequential merit function operands like NPLT/NPGT (non sequential parameter less/greater than)
You can find detailed information about constraints on Non-sequential Object Data in the help section of OpticStudio :

The Optimize Tab (sequential ui mode) > Automatic Optimization Group > Merit Function Editor (automatic optimization group) > Optimization Operands by Category > Constraints on Non-sequential Object Data

Regarding tips and tricks, there are some valuable considerations and comments in the last section of this article :
How to model a mixed sequential/non-sequential system – Knowledgebase (zemax.com)

I hope this helps,

Christophe

Dear Christophe,

Thank you, that was the information I missed while looking for optimization. It helps a lot.

Best wishes,

Fabian