Solved

Message content disappears if attachment hasn't finished uploading

• 26 October 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi everyone,

I noticed that when I submit a reply with an attachment, and I don’t leave enough time for the attachment to upload, I get a message at the top of my browser saying the attachment wasn’t fully uploaded, and my message content is erased completely. The only thing that saved me is that by pressing Ctrl + Z in the message description, I could get it back. Then, all I needed to do is wait for a little longer, and then submit my message.

Just wanted to make people aware of this issue, are you also experiencing this problem?

Take care,

David

icon

Best answer by Allie 28 October 2021, 02:46

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi David

I’ll check with Allie.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

I have had the same problem. In my case the message said something like “please wait for your file to upload.”  I waited quite a while then lost my post. I’ll remember the ctrl-z trick. Thanks!  At the same time I was having problems inserting images. 

My original post on this can be found Here. As you can see, I did a reinstall and the problems were mostly gone. But it’s not clear the reinstall was what fixed the problem. They might have been a site issue and went away for other reasons. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi guys! Thanks for the heads-up on these. 

@David - I believe the re-install fixed the problems you had with copy/pasting images from OpticStudio into the Community, is that right? I just wanted to clarify that I didn’t miss anything in that last chain. 

@David.Nguyen - thanks for bringing this up. I have also experienced this once before. I doubt there is anything we can do, but I will reach out to the platform hosts (InSided) and see if they have any comments. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi Allie,

Most of the issues went away after the reinstall. But that is not proof that the reinstall solved the problem. It is still the case that I can copy paste a layout diagram into a post but not a spot diagram. I can paste a spot diagram into word. 

I used to consider computers to be deterministic. Sometime in the last 30 years they seem to have lost that property. ;-)