Solved

Image simulation artifact

• 8 March 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I have a simulation of collimating lens with good mtf and spot size.

However, when i look at the image simulation I get an image with a lot of color marks.

Attached below the images when I took the psf x,y points to be 24,20 and 40 respectively.

Is this an artifact? Or real abberation?

Thanks,

Nadav

[Mod note: moved to more appropriate forum for OS-related discussions.]

icon

Best answer by Angel Morales 17 March 2022, 19:16

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I have a simulation of collimating lens with good mtf and spot size.

However, when i look at the image simulation I get an image with a lot of color marks.

Attached below the images when I took the psf x,y points to be 24,20 and 40 respectively.

Is this an artifact? Or real abberation?

Thanks,

Nadav

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi Nadav,

Thanks for posting on our forums!

Since we don’t have access to your file, it’s hard to say what is occurring, but the best thing to check would be your PSF Grid result, so that you can observe how your PSF array is changing across the selected field of view. If you are evaluating over a large field of view and have PSFs that change significantly between sampled points on your PSF Grid, I think the resulting output could look something like what you’re showing here (in fact, I think this is similar to what you asked awhile back on this thread here: OpticsTalk: Simulate the final imaging result - all you need to know about Image Simulation | Zemax Community). If your field of view is large, you can try to reduce the field size being evaluated, while maintaining the same sampling PSF settings, so that you have “better resolution” over a narrower part of your field.

If possible, you can also share the file so that we can take a closer look, or you can open up a ticket with Zemax Support as well. Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Hi Angel,

Thanks for the help. Attached hereby the file.

best regards,

Nadav

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi Nadav,

Thanks for your reply! Would you be able to re-send the file as a .ZAR? This can be done in the File tab...Create Archive. It will contain all required files to reproduce your model.

The .ZIP folder contained a .ZOS file, which contains lens data and glass names, but not the glass catalogs themselves. Since you had some catalogs in use which I do not have, I’m not able to open your system properly.

Thanks!

Userlevel 1

can’t upload the rar file.

i am trying again when all the set as model.

thanks,

Nadav

Userlevel 1

Hi Angel,

Is there anything new regarding the problem?

Thanks,

Nadav

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Nadav,

I have the similar problems, you can try “ ray aiming”function. Don’t post too many pictures next time, by the way.