Solved

I am trying to optimise the positions of LEDs but not exceeding a certain X & Y boundary with the Merit Function Editor.

• 13 November 2021
  • 2 replies

Hello! As the title states, I am trying to optimise the positions of LEDs to maximise uniformity while making sure it does not exceed a certain boundary. (i.e In a area of 100 * 100, starting from (0,0), I don’t want the LEDs to translate to a new position (51,51) which exceed (50,0), (-50,0), (0,50), (0,-50). Currently, my merit function is derived from the Optimisation Wizard [Spatial Uniformity equal to 0 & Total Flux greater than x] with the X and Y positions being set to variables. I am scared that after optimisation, the new positions of the LEDs would exceed my detector area which is not part of my objectives. Any advise on how to do so?

Thank you very much and have a nice day!

icon

Best answer by David.Nguyen 13 November 2021, 14:15

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi Kai,

You shoould look into the non-sequential Merit Function operands NPXGNPXLNPYG, and NPYL (The Optimize Tab (sequential ui mode) > Automatic Optimization Group > Merit Function Editor (automatic optimization group) > Optimization Operands by Category > Constraints on Non-sequential Object Data in the Help File [F1]).

NPXG is for non-sequential object position x greater than

NPXL is for non-sequential object position x less than

And similarly for NPYG, and NPYL. Using those operands you can put your limits on the X, and Y position of your LED, if that makes sense.

Take care,

David

Thanks for your help!