Solved

How to insert a reflective diffraction grating

• 21 January 2021
  • 2 replies

Hello.

I'm trying to simulate a simple imaging system in non sequential mode. My setup consists in a source radial, a 4f telescope, a 1200 lines/mm diffraction grating and a detector color. I would like to insert a reflective grating, but I can't seem to find a way to do it. I was only able to insert a transmission grating by choosing a Diffraction Grating from the Object Type menu. I tried changing the parameters in the Object Properties, varying the 'Diffraction' settings: I selected 'Split by table below', in the 'split' section and set 'Start order:0 , Stop Order:1'. Then, on the 'Reflect' section, I set 0.5 for both orders and left 0 in the 'Transmit' section. I'm going to post a snapshot of this menu.

Anyway, nothing of this worked, so instead of 'Split by table below', I chose 'Split by DLL function'. In the DLL section I selected the diff_samp_1.DLL , but for any parameter I insert, the grating still keeps working in transmissive mode. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong and if there's any other way to set a reflective grating? I would be very grateful. Thank you in advance. 

transgratingmenu.jpg
icon

Best answer by David 21 January 2021, 23:46

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi Marta,

For the Diffraction Grating object, make the Material MIRROR.

Best,

David

Hi, Marta.

I did what David suggested, but it also didn’t work like many others settings...

I had the same problem. So, for NSC mode, I rotated and modified the volume after finding this in the documentation:

As for the SC mode, I reduced the lines/mm value until it satisfied my simulation after finding this in the documentation: