Question

holigram diffraction grating

• 21 March 2024
  • 7 replies

Hello,

I would like to know why there is no option provided to select groove density when working with hologram diffraction grating. Beacuse  I want to trace the ray path  of a hologram diffraction grating  with groove density 1200 vmm

Thank you

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hologram surfaces come in various types, but what they have in common is that they are defined by the type of beams used to construct them. I’m not sure where a grating would fit with this. Can you be more specific about what you’re trying to define?

Hello Kevin,

I want to model  Monochromator gratings - Type IV. It's specifications are, has two radii on front face and rectangle in shape and have groove density 1200 similar to the figure below

They didnt provide any information about the construction beam. I don't know how to model this

Userlevel 2

Hi Elizatomy

how about using a  Toroidal Gratings to simulate the Monochromator gratings?

and if you need the rectangle shape, aperture type can make that.

YANG

Hi Yang,

Thank you. I will try this one.

Thank you

Eliza

Hi Yang,

I dont know how to add two radii on the front face for this structure also with different conic values. 

Thank you,

Eliza

Userlevel 2

Hi Yang,

I dont know how to add two radii on the front face for this structure also with different conic values. 

Thank you,

Eliza

Hi Eliza

Following the zemax manual, I guess this maybe work.

Best Regards 

YANG

Userlevel 2

Hi Yang,

Thank you,

Eliza

Hi Eliza

Following the zemax manual, I guess this maybe work.

Best Regards 

YANG

it is a little tricky

seems it needs 3 surface data to define the element