Solved

Help reflectivity vs wavelength for rough surface

• 16 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to obtain reflectivity/ scatter vs wavelength plot for surfaces with different coating, colors and smoothness/ roughness (something like attached capture.jpg). Using zemax when I apply a particular coating, I can get its reflectivity, absorption, and transmission with respect to wavelength range (analyses→ coating→ reflection vs wavelength) but when I am applying scattering function this object, there is no change in the observed graph from coating analysis (analyses→ coating→ reflection vs wavelength), see fig 11 and 123 for reference.

How can I get a graph over range of wavelength that in cooperates the effects of both scattering and coating similar to capture.jpg??

Also wants to confirm that if I would assume a detector at source and at the object then by using= I_Source/I_object I can at-least  obtain an average value of reflectivity for a given coating and scattering??

Apologies if I missed anything, I am relatively new to the zemax, just trying to get this done for urgent work deadline.

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by Sandrine Auriol 26 April 2023, 13:32

View original

2 replies

Hi Team,

Any suggestions on this one?

looking forward to your guidance.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @RizwanaAhmad

The tools under Analyze...Coatings are just considering the coatings.

For the scattering, we only have tools vs angle of incidence like the Scatter Polar plot.

The easiest way to get a reflectivity/scatter vs wavelength would be to actually run a simulation and then look at the Flux vs Wavelength Analysis under Analyze.