Solved

Grid phase for different wavelength

• 27 August 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi,

There is no wavelength information in zemax grid phase dat file, how can I define different phase profile for different wavelength in a single surface?

Thanks in advance for your help!

icon

Best answer by Csilla Timar-Fulep 3 September 2021, 12:48

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi Liuwenzhao,

Thanks for your post here on the forums!

You are correct, there is no wavelength input for Grid Phase surfaces, the .DAT file defines the phase in radians on a 2D grid, and this same data will be used for all system wavelengths. You may find more details about the Grid Phase surface type and its properties in the Help system at:
The Setup Tab > Editors Group (Setup Tab) > Lens Data Editor > Sequential Surfaces (lens data editor) > Grid Phase

Unfortunately, the Grid Phase surface cannot define different phase profiles in different wavelength as you wish. However, I can think of the following workaround. You can set up a multi-configuration system, and then you can use the different wavelengths with different phase profiles in multiple configurations. You may easily change the wavelength in the multi-config editor using the WAVE operand. For the phase profile, I would suggest to add as many Grid Phase surfaces to the Lens Data Editor as you need, one after the other at the same position, import the different phase profiles on them on by one, and then use the IGNR or IGNM operands in the multi-config editor to ignore them such that there is only one remaining in each config. You may read more about the multi-config options in the Help system at:
The Setup Tab > Editors Group (Setup Tab) > Multiple Configuration Editor

An example multi-config set-up is discussed in detail in this knowledgebase article:
How to model a scanning mirror – Knowledgebase (zemax.com)

If you have any further questions, please let us know and we will be happy to help!

Best,
Csilla