Solved

Getting interference pattern of laser beam homogenizer using lens array(fly eye's lens) in NSQ mode

• 29 November 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi all.

I want to get the interference pattern of the beam homogenizer using lens arrays and focusing lens in Non-sequential mode. 

When we use the beam homogenizer, we can observe the interference pattern on the illuminated field easIly.

Gratefully, zemax offers an example file of the beam homogenizer which is illuminated by an ellipsoidal volume source.
(https://support.zemax.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500005489121-Fly-s-eye-arrays-for-uniform-illumination-in-digital-projector-optics)
However, in this example, the illuminated field is a very 'pretty' flat-top beam.

Of course, probably because it is assumed as a non-coherent beam.
If so, what if I want to simulate the beam homogenizing system with a real laser source that is coherent or partially coherent?
How can I get the interference pattern in this example? 

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by Jeff.Wilde 29 November 2021, 18:12

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

First, I suggest you modify your model layout to look like the actual system you are trying to simulate.  There is clearly a big difference because your target illumination field has a linear dimension of tens of microns, while the OpticStudio example file uses a small number of relatively large lenslets with a much bigger 15-mm illumination field.  Second, be sure to select “Coherent Illuminance” in order to see interference effects.