Feature Request: Dark Mode

Userlevel 3
Badge

It would be nice if Zemax OpticStudio had a dark mode such that the editors and graphics where displayed against a black or darker background.

Some solutions for this are to use the Windows screen inversion tool,

Windows Screen Inversion Tool

My preferred tool is the screen inverter from,

NegativeScreen

The latter allows custom mappings of screen inversion for maintaining the colors but inverting the black white values.

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi everyone! Thanks for checking in :). I just heard back from the Product Manager about this.

The development team is actively working on dark mode for OpticStudio! We don’t have an official release date yet, but we are working on ensuring we are aligned with other Ansys products with respect to this functionality. So stay tuned - we will notify this thread the next time there’s a significant update.

Userlevel 3

This would be great, especially for us night owls. 

Any update on this?  I see today in the online presentation that Lumerical now has dark mode.  How about Optics Studio?

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi everyone!

Thank you for your thoughts about this feature request! I just submitted it to our Product team and will let you know when there are updates on its status. 

I will continue to monitor this thread for additional votes or testimonials. 

Thanks!

Userlevel 1

I’d like to second to this request.  I’ve never found a good negative that I’m happy with.  If Zemax OpticStudio had a dark mode, that would help immensely for me!

Userlevel 3
Badge

For reference, the same suggestion is made by Zemax staff in this forum post,