Solved

Design templates Installation

• 1 December 2020
  • 1 reply

When I install ZOS20.3.1_2020-10-12.exe, the design templates in the library were not installed. Could someone tell me how do I include this in the isntallation?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Csilla Timar-Fulep 1 December 2020, 10:15

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi Jessica,

Thank you for your post here!

The Design Templates Database should install automatically with OpticStudio installation. However, it is only available for subscription licenses. It seems that your license is a perpetual one, that is why you see the tool being grayed out.

You may find more information about this in the Release notes of OpticStudio 20.2:

https://downloads.zemax.com/Zemax-portal/Resources/Downloads/OS_Files/OpticStudio20-2__ReleaseNotes.pdf

If you are interested in this new feature, allow me to draw your attention to our webinar, entitled ‘What’s new in OpticStudio 20.2’. Please find more information below:

https://www.zemax.com/resources/webinars/what-is-new-in-opticstudio-20-2

OpticStudio Webinar Details

Title: What’s new in OpticStudio 20.2

Speaker: Akil Bhagat, Product Manager, Zemax

Webinar description:

The latest OpticStudio 20.2 release combines new tolerancing features like Quick Yield and Tolerance Data Analyses to establish a new workflow that delivers early design insights, enabling designers to more easily balance performance with manufacturability. In this webinar, Akil Bhagat will review the new features included in this release and demonstrate how this new functionality opens a new workflow that empowers optical design teams to reduce production costs and get better products to market faster.

Learn how you can achieve:

- Quick insights into how designs are affected by manufacturing and alignment errors without running a full Monte Carlo analysis.

- Transform manufacturability data into yield curves and histograms.

- Start a new design with the help of a library of over 600 pre-built OpticStudio design templates.

I am going to write a separate email to you to contact with your account manager, who can provide you with more information regarding your license.

If you have any further questions please let us know and we will be happy to help!

Best,

Csilla