Solved

cylindircal lens NSC editor

• 30 April 2021
  • 3 replies

Apologies for a very basic question as I am new to Zemax.

How do I replace a standard lens with a cylindrical lens in a non-sequential model?

Our esisting model uses a standard lens to model a spherical mirror and I would like to make it a cylindircal mirror.

icon

Best answer by Berta.Bernad 4 May 2021, 11:10

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi Giuseppe!

The best way to model cylindrical lens in Non-sequential mode is using Toroidal Lens object. It consists of a rectangular, circular, or elliptical lens with possibly aspheric toroidal surfaces on the front and back faces

The Setup Tab > Editors Group (Setup Tab) > Non-sequential Component Editor > Non-sequential Geometry Objects > Toroidal Lens

We have a default sample file of mix-mode cylindrical lens which contained a NSC Cylindrical Lens modeled by a Toroidal Lens object in the folder \Zemax\Samples\Non-sequential\Miscellaneous\Toroid lens.zmx, so you can have it as a reference.

Best,

Berta

Hi Giuseppe!

The best way to model cylindrical lens in Non-sequential mode is using Toroidal Lens object. It consists of a rectangular, circular, or elliptical lens with possibly aspheric toroidal surfaces on the front and back faces

The Setup Tab > Editors Group (Setup Tab) > Non-sequential Component Editor > Non-sequential Geometry Objects > Toroidal Lens

We have a default sample file of mix-mode cylindrical lens which contained a NSC Cylindrical Lens modeled by a Toroidal Lens object in the folder \Zemax\Samples\Non-sequential\Miscellaneous\Toroid lens.zmx, so you can have it as a reference.

Best,

Berta

Dear Berta,

As I can see from the Toroid lens.zmx, this drawing is in done in the sequential mode editor. It’s very puzzling why Zemax placed this example in the Non-sequential folder. Do you happen to know where I can find an example of Toroidal lens/Cylindrical lens in Non-sequential editor? I would like to see how the apertures are placed there.

Regards,

Jiang

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi Jiang,

My last answer here should help. It has an example attached.