Solved

Cylinder 2 Volume with Boolean Native BUG

• 26 October 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi,

I encountered a bug where if I use Cylinder 2 Volume with Boolean native it doesn’t get rendered and it is always ignored by rays.

Cylinder Volume works fine with Boolean native.

I encountered this bug when I updated to the Ansys version of Opticstudio 

I know I can just use Cylinder Volume and match Front R with Back R but I don’t want to go back and track every model and every boolean native that uses Cylinder 2 Volume

Thanks,

Begad 

icon

Best answer by Kevin Scales 10 November 2023, 19:47

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi Begad,

I tried to make a test case and it worked fine. That doesn’t mean you are not encountering a problem, though, so if you’d like to open a case where you can share the system you are trying to build, we’d be happy to take a look at it and file a bug report if it proves necessary.

Hi Begad,

I tried to make a test case and it worked fine. That doesn’t mean you are not encountering a problem, though, so if you’d like to open a case where you can share the system you are trying to build, we’d be happy to take a look at it and file a bug report if it proves necessary.

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for the response. Here is a screen shot of me running a test on using bot cylinder 2 Volume and cylinder Volume. 

I recommend copying image out to rotate. I also attached the model to this replay.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi Begad,

Try unclicking the parasolid libraries in the OpticStudio Preferences:

Hi Begad,

Try unclicking the parasolid libraries in the OpticStudio Preferences:

Thank you Kevin, this solved it. I will read into it more!

Userlevel 1

I just wanted to also note that this solved a different but similar  problem as well.

I had made non-sequential parametric parts in the Zemax Part Designer that are on the 10s of micron scale. They appeared fine in the part designer display. But when I imported them into the Non-Sequential Component Editor they didn’t render in the Layout windows below a certain size. I added a rescale parameter to the parts and notice that at about 10^-3 mm the shapes would distort and further reduction in size would cause the parts to disappear from the inside out. Unblocking this box eliminated the problem.

Note that for some reason may setting in the exact same location is called “Use ACIS Libraries”. So it must have been renamed in an update.