Solved

Creating polarization components in non sequential mode

Hello everyone,

I currently need to model the influence of the polarization of 2 sources in non sequential mode in the context on the creation of interferences. Hence, I thought of putting different polarization components after each source in order to see the influence in the contrast of interferences when the rays propagate through the whole system. I used the component “Jones Matrix” so far, but it is more a tool in order to check if the polarization is correctly modify than something which have a real impact on the modification of polarization. I saw a post where it was recommended to use a KDP rectangular volume with a thickness to define in order to have the good polarization. However I didn't really got how to correctly define the thickness in order to have all the polarizing components I need which are a linear polarizer, a quarter wave plate or a half wave plate. To conclude would like to know how to set any polarization in non sequential mode. 

Hope it was clear.

Best regards,

Marie Fournier.

icon

Best answer by Sandrine Auriol 6 July 2022, 11:35

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi Marie

You can define the source polarization under the Source properties….Sources

If you need a different definition, you can use a polarizing object as you mentioned. I would recommend having a look at those two solutions: 

The 2nd one shows how to depolarize but it is a good example to work directly on the electric field.

Hello Sandrine,

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

Marie.

Hi,i am using a gaussian source to see the effect of interference. Rather than two source using one source. I tried to vary the polarization by above method i.e. by inputting the value to Jx,Jy and for phase. But the output remains the same. Also is there any option as polarization analyser to view the polarised beam?