Solved

CodeV to Zemax

• 8 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi, 

A colleague converted a CodeV file to a Zemax file. I am a Zemax user, the file won’t trace rays in Zemax . I get an error statement - “error in target, can’t lunch rays”. I went ahead to set vignetting in the field editor and try to trace rays again and now I get the statement - “error in target, missed surface 52”.  

since rays can’t be traced, no analysis can be done. What can I do to fix these errors? could this be a conversion problem from CodeV  to Zemax ? 

Assuming the problem is from the conversion, how do I fix this? 

Thank you. 

icon

Best answer by Sandrine Auriol 22 March 2023, 14:03

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

If your system is containing diffractive and aspheric surfaces you may take a look into below link..

https://www.precitech.com/-/media/ametekprecitech/documents/white-papers/aspheres-and-diffractive-surfaces.pdf?la=en&revision=b34211a6-b1ba-4740-aa06-4732e23546f4&hash=E55768EB6FA0205453FFC2047C7C6261

Hope this is helpful!!

I tried the formula in the article to have the right phase coefficient for the diffractive profile that is on one face of an Aspheric element in the system. The spot diagram is still empty, even the footprint diagram is empty on each of the apertures in my system. 

Can I send the CodeV file to Zemax support so they can do the conversion for me. Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @spacebaba! Can you send a message to our support with your Zemax file? Thank you.