Solved

Co-ordinate Break

• 27 July 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am trying to simulate a system conatnig prism to deflect the light. I made prism in sequatial mode by using coordinate break. But when I am trying to use another element after the prism, ray direction is changing (right to left), but it should be form left to right, why it is happing so, what changes do I need to make?

I am attaching the screenshot of the problem as well as .zar file.

This problem is not persisting when I am also going in negative direction (right to left (By chaning the tilt angle in coordinate break column)), but in that case all the sign convention is changing which is obvious.

icon

Best answer by designerguy13-photonics 29 July 2022, 08:08

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2

hi Chandan

This maybe help 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am trying to simulate a system conatnig prism to deflect the light. I made prism in sequatial mode by using coordinate break. But when I am trying to use another element after the prism, ray direction is changing (right to left), but it should be form left to right, why it is happing so, what changes do I need to make?

I am attaching the screenshot of the problem as well as .zar file.

This problem is not persisting when I am also going in negative direction (right to left (By chaning the tilt angle in coordinate break column)), but in that case all the sign convention is changing which is obvious.

Hi Chandan, 

I just saw the design and found that the very first coordinate break seems redundant and finally get this corrected as below. Hope that might help.