Solved

Boolean Natives with parent objects of dimensions >500 disappear from 3D Layout, Shaded Model, and Object Editor.

• 26 July 2023
  • 4 replies

In multiple fresh installs of Optics Studio 2023R2, I’m getting a glitch where a Boolean Native whose parent objects have any dimension (front or back radius, x or y half-width, z length) > 500 disappear from 3D Layout, Shaded Model, and Object Editor. This error occurs regardless of the lens units, and exactly 500 appears to be the cutoff point, as 500.001 in any dimension of the parent objects causes the glitch. The parent objects appear in all model windows regardless of size. The Booleans themselves do not actually disappear from the model entirely as best I can tell, as rays still strike them in ray traces, they are just not being drawn in the modeling windows. Is this a setting somewhere, or is this a glitch?

Thanks,

Angus

icon

Best answer by Kevin Scales 5 January 2024, 19:20

View original

4 replies

I think I am also seeing this problem.  Any explanation?

The only solve I found was to revert to an earlier version of Optic Studio :/

Any other solution besides reverting to older versions? This issue appeared for me with version R2.01

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I agree that something strange is going on with Booleans and displays that I’ve never seen before and it seems to be linked to parameters like radius, which should not cause any difficulties at all. Perhaps it is version-related. I’ll investigate this today and see what’s going on and if this sort of thing has been officially noticed yet. It may be bug report time.