Skip to main content
Question

Aspheric lens optimization

Hello Experts,

I am new to zemax design. I want to design a molded aspheric lens by using PMMA material..

Lens diameter is 26mm, EFL is 11.111mm, bfl is 7mm. I can design with single field and single wavelength. But while i am trying to do in multi wavelength and multi field  i am not able to control the edge thickness and aberrations. So please give a suggestion to design this lens. and what are the operands need to use? How to optimize?

Thank you in advance.

Arunpandi

11 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Arunpandi

or check zemax manual, the operand table and find what you want to control

Userlevel 2
Badge

Can you please show yours desgin for 1 field? it will help.

Thanks,

Nadav

Dear yang,

Thank you for spending your valuable time to reply. 

I have boundary values and LONA, operand to control thickness and aberrations. But the shape of the surface and lens become uneven(It form like 3 or E). so how to resolve this? 

Dear Nadav,

Thank you for your kind reply,

Please find attached my design file.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Dear Arunpandi,

Is the mtf good enought for one field? 

what is the maximum field?

Dear Nadav,

Thank you. max field is 70 degree.

Userlevel 2
Badge

It is look like your requirements are unfeasible.

70 degree is very big field. Usually several lens are required for such field with larger BFL/EFFL.

Thank you nadav, for your valuable time and reply.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Dear yang,

I have boundary values and LONA, operand to control thickness and aberrations. But the shape of the surface and lens become uneven(It form like 3 or E). so how to resolve this? 

I remembered there are some operands or methods can control the thickness at designated diameter ,say 0.8 of Full Diameter, this may control the shape of the surface.

I am also searching that….

Userlevel 2
Badge

Dear yang,

I remembered there are some operands or methods can control the thickness at designated diameter ,say 0.8 of Full Diameter, this may control the shape of the surface.

I am also searching that….

these ones? I guess

Thank you yang. I will try