Skip to main content
Question

Aspheric lens optimization

Hello Experts,

I am new to zemax design. I want to design a molded aspheric lens by using PMMA material..

Lens diameter is 26mm, EFL is 11.111mm, bfl is 7mm. I can design with single field and single wavelength. But while i am trying to do in multi wavelength and multi field  i am not able to control the edge thickness and aberrations. So please give a suggestion to design this lens. and what are the operands need to use? How to optimize?

Thank you in advance.

Arunpandi

Hi Arunpandi

or check zemax manual, the operand table and find what you want to control

Can you please show yours desgin for 1 field? it will help.

Thanks,

Nadav

Dear yang,

Thank you for spending your valuable time to reply. 

I have boundary values and LONA, operand to control thickness and aberrations. But the shape of the surface and lens become uneven(It form like 3 or E). so how to resolve this? 

Dear Nadav,

Thank you for your kind reply,

Please find attached my design file.

Dear Arunpandi,

Is the mtf good enought for one field? 

what is the maximum field?

Dear Nadav,

Thank you. max field is 70 degree.

It is look like your requirements are unfeasible.

70 degree is very big field. Usually several lens are required for such field with larger BFL/EFFL.

Thank you nadav, for your valuable time and reply.

Dear yang,

I have boundary values and LONA, operand to control thickness and aberrations. But the shape of the surface and lens become uneven(It form like 3 or E). so how to resolve this? 

I remembered there are some operands or methods can control the thickness at designated diameter ,say 0.8 of Full Diameter, this may control the shape of the surface.

I am also searching that….

Dear yang,

I remembered there are some operands or methods can control the thickness at designated diameter ,say 0.8 of Full Diameter, this may control the shape of the surface.

I am also searching that….

these ones? I guess

Thank you yang. I will try