Solved

An error occurred while exporting Temperature to STAR from ANSYS Mechanical

• 28 November 2023
  • 1 reply

When I try to export Temperature to STAR from ANSYS Mechanical, the exported MetaFile.txt document is empty with no data in it. I suspect it is caused by the following Mechanical error:

User-defined results may not be fully or partially evaluated successfully. There are some cells (or nodes) that do not contain data for the following expression: 1065 = RES9680
Note that the results data may not be included in the results file, or the results data may not be available for some cell types.
Also note that the Solver module can create elements, such as surface effects or interface elements, the results of which cannot now be scoped in the contour display.

What could be the reason for this? How can I solve this problem?

One reason I doubt is that in order to add a temperature load to a part of the lens surface, I divided the lens into a part with a temperature load and a part without a temperature load in the x_t file of the model. The contact matching of the mesh has been set up in Mechanical, and the transient thermal analysis solution can be performed normally. There was a problem only when executing Export to STAR.

icon

Best answer by Haokun.Ye 8 December 2023, 02:42

View original

1 reply

After I deleted the node number and header, only the X, Y, Z coordinates and corresponding temperature data were left, which can be used normally. Very simple tool to use!