Solved

ZOS-API self-paced training modules

• 30 August 2023
  • 10 replies

Badge

There use to be some nice ZOS-API self-paced training modules on the Zemax website available to registered users … perhaps pre-Ansys.  Are those still available somewhere?  I couldn’t seem find them on the Ansys Learning Hub.

icon

Best answer by Chris Normanshire 31 August 2023, 12:31

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hi Pat, I am not sure if you are referring to this: API – Knowledgebase (zemax.com) ?

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi Pat. This page could also be useful Getting Started with ZOS-API – Zemax. With website reorganisation it isn’t as easy to find now, but I’ll post an update here when we find a new home for it.

Badge

Yuan, thanks for the Knowledgebase link … this is helpful.

Chris, yes, this is what I was looking for.  Thanks for posting the link … I’ll make sure to bookmark it this time.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Excellent! I’m glad we could help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @Chris Normanshire,

I hope you are well. I was trying to access the Getting Started with ZOS-API link you posted earlier, but I get a 404 Not Found. Did you rehost the guide elsewhere?

Thanks for your help and take care,

David

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi @David.Nguyen. I’m checking into this now. I will come back you shortly.

In the meantime the constituent articles are all available on the Knowledgebase. The first one is here What is ZOS-API and what can it be used for? – Knowledgebase (zemax.com) and links to the next one in the tutorial.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

@David.Nguyen the Getting Started with ZOS-API  page (and other tutorials) are available again now. Let me know if you have any other problems.

Hello, I was also looking for a training for the ZOS-API, but more than that introduction, it exists nothing else. This makes it quite difficult for students who want to learn it alone. 

I registered on the Ansys learning Hub but there was nothing on this topic. 

does it exist any training somewhere? not the free introductions from Zemax, but a real training. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hello @cezkar . The ‘Getting Started with ZOS-API’ pulls together all the main information we have available to support users to effectively use ZOS-API. Currently there is no separate training course, indeed the tutorial contains much that was formerly included only in a paid for course. I’d be interested to understand what additional resources you’d like to see and we can feed this into our plans to improve this content in future.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

@David.Nguyen @Patrick.Cronkite Just a heads-up that Getting Started with ZOS-API, and other tutorials have now bee relocated to Learning Paths – Knowledgebase (zemax.com) as the old tutorials page will be taken down soon. Aside from the new location, nothing else has changes and all the constituent content is still available.