Solved

Binary2 2D Sag Surface

• 9 July 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi,

Would appreciate your help with evaluating 2D profile of BINARY2 surface (Diffractive Lens).

I know Optic-studio provides a cross section (1D) profile  of this kind of surface, but I need 2D sag.

Does anyone has a Matlab file or macro getting the BINARY 2 parameters (coefficients ect.) and evaluating 2D surface sag ?

Thanks in Advance,

Tali 

icon

Best answer by Angel Morales 9 July 2020, 22:10

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi Tali,

Thanks for your post here!

When you mention wanting a 2D sag for the Binary 2 surface, which output are you specifically referring to? Are you using the macro provided at the article here which goes into the computation for the diffractive surface itself?

If so, we currently do not have any built-in tools which automatically compute the sag of the diffractive surface that Binary 2 describes. Our Surface Sag analysis will output only the raw shape defined by the sag equation for this surface, which does not physically model the 'step' surface causing the diffraction. That said, the Binary 2 is meant to model a rotationally-symmetric kinoform surface -- so, there might be a way to at least create that kind of data from within Matlab, though I don't really have a lot of experience with that kind of data post-processing. For some further information, you could refer to that article I linked to above and take a look at the ZPL code yourself and see if you can edit it to output 2D data rather than just the 1 dimensional data.

Please let us know if you have any further questions here!

~ Angel