[Webinar] Equation Driven Surfaces for Optical Parts Creation in OpticsBuilder [Q&A]

• 30 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

This thread is dedicated to the upcoming webinar: Equation Driven Surfaces for Optical Parts Creation in OpticsBuilder. Any questions received during the webinar will be responded to as a reply on this thread. Feel free to post your own questions! The speaker will be notified and will respond as long as the thread is still open.

Be sure to subscribe to this thread if you want to see additional discussion regarding this webinar topic. The thread will be open to new replies for a limited time following the event.

[The event has concluded]

Webinar details

Date: Thursday, November 24th

Time: 6:00 - 6:45 AM PDT | 11:00 - 11:45 AM PDT

Presenter: Mojtaba Falahati, Senior Application Engineer

Abstract:

The ability to save the parts into PDM systems now includes the option to recall the equations used to generate the surfaces. Legacy import of geometry into OpticsBuilder uses splines/NURBS sampling based on the equations provided by OpticStudio which offers speed and accuracy high enough for most applications. The new import option, “Equation Driven Import” allows for more accurate surface representation using the exposed equations to create parts. The equation will be integrated into the part file. This feature helps those users who need to design complex mechanical mounting edges with higher accuracies. In this webinar, we show how to use “Equation Driven Import” option in OpticsBuilder to expose the OpticStudio equations and import with surfaces created directly from the equations.

Allie 1 year ago

Watch the recording!

Click here to watch the recording of the webinar: Equation Driven Surfaces for Optical Parts Creation in OpticsBuilder

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Watch the recording!

Click here to watch the recording of the webinar: Equation Driven Surfaces for Optical Parts Creation in OpticsBuilder

Userlevel 1

The recordings link is inconvenient for me.

When i follow it

• I have to find free time to watch the recordings, however ..
  • I have to register again, and enter all my data second time
  • I have to wait for confirmation e-mail and this takes 2 hours to 2 days in my organization
  • then have again to find free time ..

Direct link would make it much convenient: click, watch

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

The recordings link is inconvenient for me.

When i follow it

• I have to find free time to watch the recordings, however ..
  • I have to register again, and enter all my data second time
  • I have to wait for confirmation e-mail and this takes 2 hours to 2 days in my organization
  • then have again to find free time ..

Direct link would make it much convenient: click, watch

Hi @dgeorgiev - thank you for the feedback! Our Marketing team manages recordings, and I think they would benefit from hearing from you. As they do not monitor this forum, I recommend emailing them directly at events@zemax.com