Solved

regarding windows upgrade

• 27 October 2021
  • 2 replies

I've my zemax opticstudio installed in windows 10 at the moment. But windows is providing free upgrade to windows 11. So if I upgrade to windows 11, will it invalidate my zemax opticstudio subscription?

icon

Best answer by Don Dickinson 27 October 2021, 19:40

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi Dixit,

I’m not an expert but if you’re using a softkey, you should find all the information you need here, under the section Preparing to upgrade, reinstall, repair, or refresh Windows. In short, if you do it wrong it could invalidate your licence as you suspected.

Take care,

David

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello!

To elaborate on David’s reply: Transfer the license away from the machine before upgrading just in case the upgrade process gives any license issues.

Once you have generated a transfer code in the Zemax License Manager, the license is moved to our server for safekeeping. When you’ve completed your windows upgrade you can transfer the license back. 

The link to the transfer instructions in the licensing policies currently goes to an invalid page. It will be updated soon. The correct link is here:

https://support.zemax.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500005486461-Transferring-and-updating-a-softkey-license