Solved

Reactivating the license key after resetting laptop

• 21 August 2022
  • 5 replies

I have recently resetted my laptop and is unable to activate my license. Is there any way to recover the saved license.

icon

Best answer by David.Nguyen 22 August 2022, 15:12

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi Timothy,

Unfortunately, to the best of my knowledge, a licence can only be activated once. If you had activated this licence before resetting your laptop, then, I think it is fair to say that it has become lost for the moment.

Your best course of action is probably to email or log a support ticket with Zemax.

What you should do in the future, is transfer your licence before resetting your computer. This is advised in the licensing policies also in case you plan to significantly alter the hardware configuration of your machine.

Take care,

David

Hi David,

Thank you for your response, is there any way for me to open a support ticket with Zemax? I am unable to do so as my subscription is a student license and is unable to open any support tickets with Zemax.

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi Timothy,

I think you have to email: academic@zemax.com in this case.

Not totally sure though. Let us know if you manage to retrieve your license.

Take care,

David

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

@Timothy_Lim  - David is correct. If you email academic@zemax.com, we can generate a replacement license for you.

Hi @David.Nguyen and @Alissa Wilczynski,

I have contacted Zemax through the email that you have given me and I was able to recover my lost license.

Thank you both so much for the help! :)

Sincerely,

Timothy Lim