Solved

License code for a valid key

Hello all,

I have a valid key for Zemax 2015. when I want to use this key in other computer with more powerful CPU, It asks me license code.

Where can I find this code?

I sent two emails to Zemax support section but still no reply.

Does someone know about this problem and its solution?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Behzad

[Mod edit: Moved to appropriate forum (Licensing and Installation)]

icon

Best answer by Alissa Wilczynski 4 June 2022, 01:02

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Dear Behzad, 

You have to first transfer the license from your old machine to new machine. You can do this by going to configure licence (search in window bar) and then chose transfer licence option under send license. 

Once done, then use the transfer code received via your registered email in the recieve license option on the configure licence window of your new machine.

Remember, the transfer is only possible once a month so be very careful. 

Badge

You might want to try copying the entire ZEMAX folder (all contents -- it will be quite a lot) from your original computer to the new one into the same folder location.  When you plug the key into the new computer, it may think it’s already installed and bring the license code with it.  I don’t know if that will actually work, but there’s no harm in trying.

Chris

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Zemax support can generate a license code for you; you just need to send a screenshot of the dialog box to zemax.support@ansys.com. 

@Chris.Svec ‘s suggestion might actually work too - the license code is stored in a text file within the folder structure, but I can’t remember exactly where or I’d tell you where to grab it.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

I think this post is now solved since my colleague sent you a licence code on Friday.

Thanks all for your kindly help. 

appreciated so much.

Regards,

Behzad