Solved

Installing Zemax on two different PC

• 2 October 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hello,

Is it possible to install a standalone licence with softkey on two differents items ( a PC and a laptop) and be able to use it alternatively. This was easy with a hardkey but I don’t know with a softkey.

Thank you,

Pascale  

icon

Best answer by David.Nguyen 3 October 2022, 11:07

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi Pascale,

As far as I know, you can have OpticStudio installed on both computers but the license key can only be active on one of them. Everytime you want to switch computer, you need to transfer the license beforehand.

Zemax has a knowledgebase article about softkey license transfer including a sub-article relating to computers that can’t access the internet. In short, you should open the Zemax License Manager, which is in the same folder as OpticStudio usually, go to the Send License tab and press Transfer on your license. You should enter an email adress to retrieve a transfer code, the code is also displayed in the message box, it is advised to copy it in case you don’t recieve the email. Then, from your other computer, you also open the License Manager and go to the Recieve License tab, enter your Licence Number and Transfer Code, and you should be good to go.

Hope this helps. Take care,

David

Badge

Hello David and thank you very much for your prompt answer and your help

I will try this way and let you know.

Have a nice day,

Pascale