Solved

Installation ZEMAX-OpticStudio 16.5 SP1 on the computer with the processor i9-12900KF working on Windows 11.

• 12 December 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Dear All,

I have a problem of installation ZEMAX-OpticStudio 16.5 SP1 on the computer with the processor i9-12900KF. The computer works on Windows 11. A black screen with the message that the computer has problem and must be restarted was obtained at the end of the installation. The program was installed and some windows like lens data can be opened. But, when the MTF window was opened the program stops working and closes. I am ready to pay for solution of the problem. Send me email to info@mark-electro-optics.com.

Sincerely,

Mark Gokhler Ph.D

icon

Best answer by Don Dickinson 14 December 2021, 20:40

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello!

I suspect this is related to Windows Directx as it may not have completed install when it crashed. 

It can be downloaded from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109 . Note that Directx installer is a self-extracting file, so will not install automatically.

When you open the Directx_Jun2010_redist.exe file, it will ask for a location to extract them to. Type in C:\dx9 for the location, then open dxsetup.exe in that folder. (see attached  screenshot). You can delete c:\dx9 when done.

Badge +1

Dear Don,

Thank you for your help. Windows 11 was reinstalled and Windows Directx was added. The ZEMAX-OpticStudio 16.5 SP1 was successfully installed. 

Sincerely,

Mark

Dear all,
I have a problem about the Zemax 16 installtation on the win11.
When I first install the file 16.0.0 OpticStudio_Prerequisites, 
it always crashes during the installation so that it cannot be installed completely. 
I have updated the file Directx_Jun2010 already. 
But it seems not useful for this case. 
Although we can install the Zemax 16, it cannot show some analysis like spot diagram, MTF, as following

Could anyone meet this problem before and solve it already?