Solved

How do you renew an educational license??

• 2 May 2023
  • 5 replies

Like a previous poster here, I had an educational license for zemax last year. I am an astronomer leading some students through a project and we’d like to use zemax. My previous license expired in February, but I haven’t gotten any help from an inquiry sent to Ansys about renewal. I also tried emailing the zemax support address, and got a reply that because I’m not on a commercial license, I can’t expect any help from them! It’s kind of baffling. If you don’t want to support educational use fine, but stop pretending you do.

icon

Best answer by Don Dickinson 2 May 2023, 21:53

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello!

Educators are normally supported, but you got the automated “denial” email because your license is expired. That said, the automated message does state that we still respond to unsupported users within 2 business days, so we should have gotten back to you. When did you send that? I can check if it ended up in SPAM or something. 

The Ansys team is where you want to get Opticstudio acadmeic licenses from now on. It does take them some time to respond to new Ansys educational license requests sometimes. How long ago did you contact them? If it’s been a while I can get you in touch with somebody directly with the Ansys academic program  

Hi Don,

Thanks for the quick reply! I did not see that there would still be a reply, thanks for pointing that out.  I sent the request on Sunday to Ansys, but I wasn’t even sure I was sending it to the right place. The academic page is just kind of a circular ad, so I used the ‘general inquiry’ option in the main contact form.

Thanks!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Good day!

The generic Ansys contact form is fine, they all go in as sales leads anyway. Based on the volume of requests they get and what i’ve seen, I would expect some reply within 7 days of sending it. If you need something sooner than that, let me know. 

Ok, thank you! I will follow up when I do hear back just in case any other educators land here trying to find info as well.

My Student Subscription expired 2 months ago and I have no idea how to renew my Zemax account can someone please respond fast and tell me what to do because its important to me and urgent