Solved

Add a new user - Activation license?

• 11 October 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi, 

I’ve created and added a new user to our license at zemz.com.

However when the user has installed the product it asked for a activation code?

Where do I find that?

Br

Anders

icon

Best answer by Don Dickinson 13 October 2021, 18:26

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello! 

I replied to the support ticket you opened. I am just putting a reply here as well if anybody else has a similar issue. 

-----
As the license you have is a network license, it is already activated on your server, so the client machines need no activation code. The client machines just need to be configured to see the license. 

Most likely the client machine needs to have the server name entered per these instructions: :
https://support.zemax.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500005488041-How-to-configure-the-keyserver-and-clients-for-Zemax-network-licenses#installing-on-the-client-machine-0-3

You would need to provide the license server's computer name to the end user as well. 

Hi Don,

My name is Kai, I also encounter same issue.

Recently I participate in a remote courses of OptiStudio. We expect every students including me could directly activate license individually from Zemax license informed mail which is applied by our lecturer. However we couldn’t find activate number from informed mail but only license number.

I wonder if shared type license can only available when we connect to Server of our lecturer through private Internet or not.

I would appreciate it if you could help me to clarify this issue.

Many Thanks.

Kai

Hello! 

I replied to the support ticket you opened. I am just putting a reply here as well if anybody else has a similar issue. 

-----
As the license you have is a network license, it is already activated on your server, so the client machines need no activation code. The client machines just need to be configured to see the license. 

Most likely the client machine needs to have the server name entered per these instructions: :
https://support.zemax.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500005488041-How-to-configure-the-keyserver-and-clients-for-Zemax-network-licenses#installing-on-the-client-machine-0-3

You would need to provide the license server's computer name to the end user as well. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @Kai,

It looks like you have been added to a Network license. Network licenses are hosted on a server and are accessed by joining the same network as that machine. This is why you did not receive an activation code: The license was already activated on its own machine. You just need to connect to that server to access it. This is typically done via a VPN connection. To connect to the Network license, you can follow the instructions here: How to configure the keyserver and clients for Zemax network licenses – Knowledgebase. See the section Installing on the client machine.

Let us know if you have any other questions about this.