Solved

Activation code

• 10 May 2023
  • 4 replies

Hello Team, 

I recently renew my opticstudio license, but i only have my License Number but I don´t have an Activation code.

How can I obtain it?

icon

Best answer by Don Dickinson 11 May 2023, 18:10

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello! 

I don’t show any renewals on your old Zemax academic license as it expired last year and Zemax is no longer handling academic licenses directly now that Ansys is doing them.

Did you just get an Ansys license issued? If so you should have gotten an email from Ansys with instructions to activate and possibly a license file to install. Post the contents of any renewal emails you received related to this if you are not sure. 

So, i have my previous license with a different mail (because I was a postgraduate student) and now as a phd candidate i have a new student mail, maybe thats why you cannot see any renewal.

So this is the email i got: 

We are delighted to invite you to set up your Zemax account!

Complete your Zemax account by clicking here
and reset your password.

If the link above has expired you can reset your password at any time by going to Zemax.com, clicking Login, then "Don't remember your password?".

Now you can: 

•          Access product downloads

•          Subscribe to User News & Alerts in the Community

•          Engage in community discussion forums

•          Open a case or schedule phone support

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks!

It appears somebody just added you to our system to invite you to zemax.com. There is no license associated with that.

To get a new academic license for Opticstudio or other Ansys products, please fill out the form at the bottom of the page here:  

https://www.ansys.com/academic/students

Thank you very much!