Solved

ZEMAX unable to handle light sources 10^15 away.

• 28 March 2022
  • 4 replies

When I set the distance from the Source Guassian to 10^15 , NSC 3D Layout shows that Maximum zoom has been reached.

Is zemax unable to simulate this kind of problem ?

icon

Best answer by yuan.chen 28 March 2022, 03:59

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hi , we often use a value of 9e9 for “infinity” when it comes to ray distances. This option may help to solve the problem but pay attention to the unit change in this case.

Hi , we often use a value of 9e9 for “infinity” when it comes to ray distances. This option may help to solve the problem but pay attention to the unit change in this case.

Thanks for your reply !

Does it mean that when it comes to distance more than 9e9 you will have to use INF in ZEMAX ?

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hi, honestly I am not certain about this. What I mentioned in my last reply is an exchange I got from our developers. I think one way to check is to use different distance value and see the difference between different distances. 

Hi, honestly I am not certain about this. What I mentioned in my last reply is an exchange I got from our developers. I think one way to check is to use different distance value and see the difference between different distances. 

OK.THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP .