Solved

Zemax Studio capabilities

• 20 September 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge
Microlens Array

Hi,

I am research student at University of Virginia, I am making micro lens using laser processing and was wondering if Optics studio can be used to simulate light propagation/ray tracing through the micro lens. We have an array of microlens, each being 40 microns in diameter. We also want to know about the sequential and non-sequential.

My university email is ng3uy@virginia.edu, if anyone from technical side from Zemax can provide some contact my research advisor and my colleagues have some more questions regarding capabilities. We are willing to get a license for Zemax as we work with a lot of optical device and applications.

Best,

Raju Gottumukkala

icon

Best answer by Sandrine Auriol 27 September 2021, 11:54

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hello Raju

Yes OpticsStudio can be used to simulate light propagation/ray tracing through microlenses. There is a forum thread that gives the limitations of our software: 

The main point to get from that is “As long as the optical components in the system are larger than about 10x the System Wavelengths and accurate dispersion data is available, OpticStudio can be used to model propagation at any part of the electromagnetic spectrum.”. So I believe this is the case for your system.

You can model your system in both sequential and non-sequential. I have a copied a few references below:

Tomorrow and Wednesday (September 28-29), we have our user conference called Envision 2021. There will be a talk from Wilfried Noell , Director of Research & Development at Suss. They are specialized in micro-optics. Their talk is about multichannel micro-optics for compact automotive lighting solutions. 

I believe today is the last day to register: https://go.zemax.com/envision-europe-2021-registration.html

Even if you cannot attend the conference (because it is in european hours), you will able to access via on demand until Friday 1st October.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact us. If you’d like a trial version or a demo, please email our sales@zemax.com. I’ll let them know about our conversation.

Sandrine