Solved

Zemax Error with Coating Catalog file

• 31 July 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Dear sir/madam,

I opened a zemax file, while opneing it is showing a error that “ Coating THOR os not defined in Coating file”. 

But the same file i opened in the morning it was working properly.  Now this time Coating Error is coming, I tried to retify it but couldn’t. Can help me?

I have attached the Screenshot for your reference.

icon

Best answer by David.Nguyen 2 August 2021, 10:35

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi Chandan,

Can you check the file specified under Setup..System Explorer..Files..Coating File?

If it is COATING.DAT, you can try to replace it with COATINGTHOR.DAT. The same issue happened to me the other day. I don’t remember what I did, overwritting a catalog? Installing a new version? Do you remember what you did that caused the issue?

In any case, if you save your file as a *.ZAR archive using File..Create Archive, you can avoid this problem in the future. The archive will always have the catalog it had when you created it.

In fact, it is probably a good idea to rename the coating file before saving the system into an archive, such that next time you load it, you don’t override the existing catalog if they’ve been modified.

I hope it helps, and take care,

David

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi David..

Thanks for help…

This problem was coming after  I clicked “yes”  button by mistake when zemax asked me “ Do you want to overwrite the Coating file” while opening a sysem design in Zemax. 

But now it is fine, thanks again for your help.