Solved

What is Zebase?

• 11 November 2019
  • 10 replies

There are scattered references to "Zebase" in various documents and on web, but I can't seem to find any actual files or even access information. Is this an active design database? If so, how is it accessed?
icon

Best answer by Thomas Magnac 18 November 2019, 14:35

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi Evan!  Zebase is a collection of optical design forms that are pre-built as OpticStudio models. It is sold as an add-on to help jump-start OpticStudio designs. Our sales team (sales@zemax.com) can give you more details about purchase if you're interested. Our product team also has plans to include the designs as part of a subscription release of OpticStudio in 2020.
Thanks, I figured as much, but I was surprised that I couldn't locate any descriptive literature.
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
I assume these design forms are different from the sample files that have traditionally been included with OpticStudio?
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
Hi Sean! Yes you are right, Zebase contains around 600 additional Zemax OpticStudio designs, including Cooke triplets, double Gauss, zoom lenses, scanning F-Theta lenses and much more.
Badge
Any update on including ZEBASE with subscription release in 2020?  Thanks,
Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Yes Kevin, we are indeed planning to include Zebase with subscription in one of the upcoming release in 2020!

Badge

I purchased ZEBASE a long time ago, but there is no manual and file names do not help. Is there any Manual that can be provided in order to speed search? Thank you. José Rebordão

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi Jose, 

A printed copy of the manual should have been delivered when you purchased ZEBASE. I've sent you an e-mail to follow up on this.

Badge

@Thomas Magnac: Any updates on this? Really looking forward to have Zebase as a part of the 2020 release. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Zebase can now be found here: