Solved

What is the Zemax New Portal...and why does it need access to my email?

• 29 April 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hey Zemax team,

When I went to zemax.com today I got this cheery message:

What is this app, what is Zemax New Portal, what is my Zemax tenant and why does it need access to my email?

• Mark
icon

Best answer by Jordan.Teich 17 May 2024, 23:01

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

I got the same thing. And it won’t take no for an answer. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hey Zemax team, what’s the answer? C’mon...we know you know...

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Seems a shame such a simple question can’t be answered in a week

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi Mark, 

Apologies for such a delayed response on our end. Our notification system for flagging posts had an error that resulted in a few posts not being flagged. I’ll double check that this has been resolved. 

The “Authorize App” message appearing is the result of a new version of zemax.com that went live earlier this year. As part of our migration into Ansys’ webs system, a few changes needed to be made to the website. This update prompted a security check from our single sign-on provider which hosts our login details. This is a one-time check, so after clicking on the green check mark to complete the sign in process, this pop-up will never appear again.

The message is asking for permission to access your email so messages can be sent to you in the event of an update on a support ticket for example. If you have any other questions on this, just let me know!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Is that the ‘Avoid Awkward Questions’ flag in the forum software settings? 😂😂😂

Thanks for the reply. The dialog could be better phrased, it is a bit intimidating

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Thanks, Jordan. That’s clear. They should have asked you to write the text for the pop up.