Solved

Wavelength setting in ZPL

• 29 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi, 

I have some issue with setting wavelengths correctly using ZPL. You can see that in my ZPL script I have the following 

ZPL script used

But in the system after running ZPL my wavelengths are actually set to the following, where the wavelength 6 is wrong. However, if I run the ZPL a second time, the wavelength 6 will show correctly as 430nm.

Zemax interface

I thought maybe it’s an issue of system hasn’t got enough time to update, but adding “Pause thread/update all” also didn’t help. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks!

icon

Best answer by MichaelH 29 August 2022, 22:40

View original

2 replies

Hi MichaelIH,

Thanks so much for the quick reply. You’re right, I only had 5 wavelengths in my system and I didn’t call SYSP 201, 6 until later. I thought by calling SYSP 202,6, 0.43 it will automatically add the specified wavelength. Now it’s fixed, thanks again for the quick fix!

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

My first guess is you don’t actually have 6 wavelengths the first time you run the script.  At some point you are either calling SYSP 201, 6 after trying to set the 6th wavelength or you are manually enabling the 6th wavelength after running the script the first time.  Then, when you run the script a second time, there is already a 6th wavelength so the SYSP 202, 6, 0.43 sets the 6th wavelength correctly.  Can you confirm that you have a SYSP 201, 6 before calling SYSP 202, 6, 0.43.

If the order of ZPL commands isn’t the issue, can you please share your complete code?