Solved

Wavelength 0,36300001 is not within valid range of dispersion formula for glass POLYCARB

• 9 June 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I'm using a UV LED (LZ1-00UV0R) with a typical flux of 365 nm as well as a lens from LEDiL, specially optimized for this LED (FCA15007_G2-ROSE-UV-SS). The material is polycarbonate, I tried entering 'PC', in Zemax, without success but found that 'POLYCARB' was a material in the miscellaneous catalog. However, I am getting the following error: 'Wavelength 0,36300001 is not within valid range of dispersion formula for glass POLYCARB'.

Is there another definition of the polycarbonate material in another catalog that I could use to solve my problem?

Thank you for reading,

Gwendoline

icon

Best answer by Flurin Herren 9 June 2021, 13:07

View original

2 replies

Badge +3

Hi Gwendoline

Thanks for your post here on the forum!

As you said correctly you can find POLYCARB in the MISC catalogue, you can check the glass report to see the valid range of the material. Here:

To solve your problem, I would recommend creating a new catalogue based on the original one (misc in your case) and modify the valid wavelength of POLYCARB within your new catalogue to suit your specific needs.

You can modify the wavelength here:

Please consider that you should not change the wavelength too drastically (In this specific case it is okay: 365nm to 363nm), because otherwise the polynomial extrapolation can behave strangely.

You can also find a in-depth Knowledge Base article on “How to add new matrials and glasses in OpticStudio” here:

https://my.zemax.com/en-US/Knowledge-Base/kb-article/?ka=KA-01673

Hope I was able to help

Have a great week,

Hi Flurin,

Thank you for your fast and detailed answer. It works perfectly!

Have a nice day,

BR,

Gwendoline