Skip to main content

Hello all, I have some questions about designing the optics.

In sequential mode, I change the aperture to ‘Circular aperture’ for the annular lens. But ‘Circular aperture’ blocks the lay in the inner hole. I want to know how to make an annular lens that can pass the lay into the inner hole. It’s no matter sequential or non-sequential mode.

Thank you,

Hello @Yoonseok,

You could accomplish this with the multi-configuration editor (MCE).

Look in the manual for the oeprands that modify aperture settings in the MCE.

Setup the first configuration as your lens that has the annular aperture.

Setup the second configuration as the lens or air space that allows the rays through the aperture by changing or reducing the aperture for the rays (EPD, cone angle, etc) or by using an annular obscuration instead.

You can tie the two configurations together with pickups or merit function operands such that they stay synchronized if you need to optimize.

Sincerely,

Michael

Hello!

A Circular Aperture defines an annular region which vignettes all rays which strike the surface inside of the minimum radius, and outside of the maximum radius, so if the ray is between the minimum and maximum radii, then the ray will be allowed to proceed. If you want the opposite, you can use a Circular Obscuration instead, which is the complement of the Circular Aperture.